Associate Provost for Academic Initiatives
Professor of Law
Location: Reynolda 204
- Privilege or Punish? Criminal Justice and The Challenge of Family Ties, (co-authored with Dan Markel & Ethan Leib; Oxford University Press 2009).
Articles and Essays
- Rethinking Family Status and Criminal Justice, 119 Yale L.J. 1864 (2010) (with Dan Markel and Ethan Leib).
- (When) Should Family Status Matter in the Criminal Justice System?, 13 New Criminal Law Review 151 (2010) (coauthored with Dan Markel and Ethan Leib).
- Criminal Law Comes Home to a Family, in Criminal Law Conversations (Oxford University Press 2009)
- Eight is Enough, Northwestern Colloquy (May 11, 2009) (co-authored with Naomi Cahn)
- Punishing Family Status, 88 Boston Univ. L. Rev. 1327 (2008) (co-authored with Dan Markel & Ethan Leib)
- Lady Madonna, Children at Your Feet: The Criminal Justice System’s Romanticization of the Parent-Child Relationship, 93 Iowa L. Rev. 131 (2007)
- Criminal Justice and the Challenge of Family Ties, 2007 Illinois L. Rev. 1147 (co-authored with Dan Markel & Ethan Leib)
- Crime and Parenthood: The Uneasy Case for Prosecuting Negligent Parents, 100 Northwestern Univ. L. Rev. 807 (2006)
- And the Walls Came Tumbling Down: Sharing Grand Jury Information with the Intelligence Community Under the USA PATRIOT Act, 39 Am. Crim. L. Rev. 1261 (2002).
Works In Progress
- Fathers Who Kill Their Children