Adjunct Professor of Management, Babcock Graduate School
Selected Publications and Presentations
- "A Better Beginning: Why and How to Help Novice Legal Writers Build a Solid Foundation by Shifting Their Focus From product to Process," follow-up article to "Beginning Legal Writers in their Own Words," (co-author with Professor Laura P. Graham), Regent University Law Review (forthcoming Fall, 2011), available at http://ssrn.com/abstract=1845024, posted to Legal Writing eJournal May 23, 2011.
- "A Better Beginning: Helping Novice Legal Writers Shift Their Focus From Product to Process," Presentation (with Professor Laura P. Graham), Second Annual Empire State Legal Writing Conference, May 13, 2011.
- "Beginning Legal Writers in Their Own Words: Why the First Weeks of Legal Writing are so Tough and What We Can Do About It," 19 Journal of the Legal Writing Institute 225 (co-author with Prof. Laura P. Graham) (September, 2010).
- "Legal Writing Professors Morphing into Contract Drafting Professors," 12 Tenn. J. Business Law 127 (2011) (co-author with Professor Barbara Lentz, et al.), Second Quarter, 2011.
- "Beginning Legal Writers In Their Own Words: Why the First Weeks of Legal Writing are so Tough and What We Can Do About It," Legal Writing eJournal, Vol. 5, No. 26 (September 6, 2010).
- "Patriarchal Religion, Sexuality and Gender," Presentation in Response to Professor Hassan El Menyawi's discussion of gender and sexuality norms in Islamic cultures (September, 2010).
- " A Better Beginning: Strategies for Minimizing Students' Frustration and Maximizing Their Achievement in the First Weeks of Legal Writing Instruction," Legal Writing Institute (LWI) Biennial Conference (with Prof. Laura P. Graham) (June, 2010).
- "Legal Writing Professors Morphing into Contract Drafting Professors," presentation (with Prof. Barbara Lentz), Emory Transactional Law Center Conference (June, 2010).
- "Americans With Disabilities Law and Its Impact on Church Services and Facilities," Wake Forest University School of Divinity, Guest Lecture (July, 2007).
- "A Better Beginning," presentation of proposed research and invitation to participate. 2007 Carolina Legal Research and Writing Colloquium (with Prof. Laura P. Graham) (May, 2007).
- "Incorporating Social Justice Issues into the LRW Classroom," Perspectives: Teaching Legal Research and Writing (Westlaw), Volume 11, Winter 2003 (with Luellen Curry).
- "Integrating Social Issues Into the LRW Classroom - the Whys, the Why Nots and the How Tos," Legal Writing Institute (LWI) Biennial Conference (with Prof. Luellen Curry) (May, 2002).
- "Incorporating Social Justice Issues Into the LRW Classroom," Brutal Choices in Curricular Design, Perspectives (Teaching Legal Research and Writing), Vol. 11, No. 2, Winter, 2003 (co-authored with Prof. Luellen Curry).
- "A Lawyer's Guide to Effective Writing & Research," Associate Training, Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice, conducted one-day class for associates of all levels at state's largest law firm (May, 2001).
- "United Guaranty," Management Seminar on Business Law Issues - conducted two-day class for upper management at company's headquarters on subjects including employment discrimination, sexual harassment, independent contractors and government regulation (February, 2000).
- "The Truth is That Everyone Wants to Talk About Race But Nobody Does," 14th Annual NC Bar Foundation North Carolina/South Carolina Employment and Labor Law Seminar, presentation with Prof. Luellen Curry (October, 1998).