Professor of Law and Professor of Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
Location: Worrell 3324
Selected Lectures and Presentations
- Introduction and Chair, Symposium: “Patriarchal Religion, Sexuality, and Gender” (the inaugural symposium of the Wake Forest Journal of Law and Policy), October, 2010.
- “What Gay Pride Means to Me,” Keynote Address, North Carolina Pride Celebration, Durham, NC, September, 2010.
- “Litigation Strategies of Successful LGBT Youth Advocacy,” Annual Meeting of the LGBT section of the American Bar Association (“Lavender Law”), August, 2010, Miami, Florida.
- “Radically Gay: Stonewall & Recalling What Gay Liberation Forgot,” November, 2009 (Keynote address, Conference for the Fortieth Anniversary of the Stonewall Riots, Pace University, New York City).
- "Pornography, Prostitution, and Inequality,” October, 2009 (Talk at the Sixth International Conference on Prostitution, Sex Work, and Human Trafficking, University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio).
- “Same-Sex Marriage and Religious Liberty,” April, 2009 (A Debate with Professor Robin Wilson, Washington and Lee Law School) (for the Federalist Society).
- “The Rights of Gay Youth: A Talk to Teachers,” April, 2007, University of North Carolina-Greensboro.
- “The New Equal Protection” (based on Of Fruit Flies and Men (above)) March, 2007, Presentation at University of North Carolina Law School.
- “Sexual Politics and the Law,” keynote address (based on Sexual Politics), March, 2007, University of Akron, Akron, Ohio.
- “Why Gay Rights Matter,” Lecture Series (5 lectures) sponsored by the Equality North Carolina Foundation, 2006.
- “Will the Courts Set Us Free?” Continuing Legal Education Panel Discussion, with Prof. John D’Emilio, March 17, 2006, Durham, North Carolina.
- “Founding Fictions: Politics, Equality, and the Disappearing American Past,” lecture for the Canterbury Club of NYU presented at New York University, December, 2004.