Elizabeth Ludwin King
Visiting Assistant Professor
Location: Worrell 3202
- "The ICC and Capacity Building at the National Level," Panelist, The Law and Politics of International Prosecutions, Southeastern Association of American Law Schools, Palm Beach, FL, August 2013
- Moderator, New Scholars Colloquia, Insurance & Business Associations Southeastern Association of American Law Schools, Palm Beach, FL, August 2013
- National v. International Justice, Junior International Law Scholars Association Summer Lunch Series, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, July 2013
- "Weighing in on the Peace v. Justice Debate," Summer Faculty Lunch Series, Wake Forest University School of Law, Winston-Salem, NC, July 2013
- "Complementarity at the ICC: Deference to States," Elon University School of Law, Greensboro, NC, April 2013
- "Transitional Justice 2.0: The Second Wave of Transitional Justice in Latin America," American Society of International Law International Criminal Law Interest Group Workshop, The John Marshall Law School, Chicago, IL, December 2012
- "The Relationship Between Crimmigration and Transnational Criminal Enterprises," Panelist, The Far-Reaching Effects of Crimmigration, Southeastern Association of American Law Schools, Amelia Island, FL, July 2012
- "Incidental Compliance with International Decisions? The United States and the Inter-American Commission of Human Rights," Discussion Group on Transnational Litigation, Southeastern Association of American Law Schools, Amelia Island, FL, July 2012
- "The Three Point Shot: Desegregation, Politics, and High School Basketball," Association of American Law Schools Annual Conference, Washington, DC, January 2012
- "Sovereignty Versus Global Justice: Prosecutorial Discretion and Transitional Justice," Charlotte School of Law, Charlotte, NC, December 2011
- "Transitional Justice and the ICC," The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, Medford, MA, October 2011
- "Do International Tribunals Promote Reconciliation?," Summer Faculty Lunch Series, Wake Forest University Law School, Winston-Salem, NC, August 2011
- Moderator, New Scholars Workshop Southeastern Association of American Law Schools, Hilton Head, SC, July 2011
- "Trickle-Down Reconciliation: Can International Tribunals Impact Interpersonal Relations?," Academic Council on the United Nations Systems/ASIL Summer Workshop, Vail, CO, July 2011
- "A Collision of Rights in the Search for the Truth," Working Group on Human Rights, Humanitarianism, and International Responsibility, Winston-Salem, NC, November 2010.
- "The Development of the Rule of Law in Post-Dictatorship Argentina," Talloires Capstone Seminar, Talloires, France, May 2009.
- "Security of Female Refugees in Refugee Camps," Boisi Center Lunch Colloquia, Chestnut Hill, MA, November 2006.
- "Gender Security in Refugee Camps," International Conference on the State of Affairs in Africa, Quincy, MA, October 2006.
- "Justice, Women's Rights and Forced Migration," Respondent, Conference on Ethical Responsibilities Toward Forced Migrants as a Framework for Advocacy, Nairobi, Kenya, October 2006.
- "The Post-Deportation Human Rights Project," International Conference on Migration, San Salvador, El Salvador, October 2006.