Professor of Law
Location: Worrell 2318
- JD, 1978, University of Virginia School of Law, Charlottesville, Virginia (Earl Warren Scholar; Ribble-Kennedy Scholar; Law Council)
- BA, 1975, University of Virginia, College of Arts and Sciences, Charlottesville, Virginia, Rhetoric and Communication, with High Distinction, Commissioned, Second Lieutenant, United States Army
- Washington and Lee University School of Law, Lexington, Virginia, Roy L. Steinheimer, Jr. Professor of Law and Director, Frances Lewis Law Center, Fall, 1997 to Fall, 2007
The University of Alabama School of Law, Tuscaloosa, Alabama, John S. Stone Visiting Professor of Law, Summer, 2002
University College, University of Oxford, Oxford, England, Visiting Fellow, Autumn, 2001
Washington and Lee University School of Law, Lexington, Virginia, Visiting Professor of Law, Fall, 1996
The University of Michigan Law School, Ann Arbor, Michigan, Visiting Associate Professor of Law, Fall, 1994
College of Law, The University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio, Associate Professor of Law, August 14, 1992 to Spring, 1994; Spring, 1995 through Spring, 1996; Spring, 1997
The Washington College of Law, American University, Washington, D.C., Adjunct Faculty Member, Instructor in Legal Methods, June, 1988 to May, 1992
- Campbell University, Fort Bragg Campus, Buies Creek, North Carolina, Instructor, Business Law, June, 1980 to June, 1982
- Fayetteville State University, Fort Bragg Campus, Fayetteville, North Carolina, Instructor, Speech Communication, March, 1981 to June, 1981.
Office of the General Counsel, Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, Washington, D.C., Assistant General Counsel, Public Utilities Regulatory Affairs, August 31, 1987 to September 4, 1992
Braude, Margulies & Rephan, P.C., Washington, D.C., Senior Associate, May, 1985 to August, 1987.
Administrative Law Division, Office of the United States Army Judge Advocate General, Pentagon, Washington, D.C., Administrative Law Attorney, Staff of The Judge Advocate General, January, 1984 to April, 1985
U.S. Army Judge Advocate General's Corps Professional Recruiting Office, Fort Belvoir, Virginia, Attorney, June, 1982 to January, 1984
Office of the Staff Judge Advocate, 18th Airborne Corps, Fort Bragg, North Carolina, Attorney, January, 1979 to May, 1982
Office of the General Counsel, N.A.S.A. Headquarters, Washington, D.C., Law Intern, May, 1977 to August, 1977
Office of the General Counsel, N.A.S.A. Langley Research Center, Hampton, Virginia, Law Int - May, 1976 to August, 1976.