Professor of Law
Location: Worrell 2116A
- Zahra's Stepmother Married 7 Times, interview by Tom Breen for the Associated Press, February 3, 2011.
- What Overturning Prop 8 Means for NC, interview on WUNC Public Radio, August 5, 2010.
- Custody Guardians Ad Litems for Children in Homes with Intimate Partner Violence, Law School Convocation, Northern Illinois University School of Law, DeKalb, Illinois, April 1, 2010.
- Deciding the Custody Issue for Children in Homes with Intimate Partner Violence, Address, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, Illinois, April 1, 2010.
- Inquiring Minds and Open Hearts: Wake Forest and Public Engagement, Convocation Address, Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, September 17, 2009.
- The Effects of Incarceration on the Family, panelist in "The Effects of Incarceration on American Families," Wake Forest University School of Divinity, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, February 21, 2009.
- A Family Law Professor Seeks the Bench: May I Confound Your Data, keynote address in "Red State v. Blue State: The Judicial Role in an Era of Partisanship," University of Missouri-Kansas City Law School, Kansas City, MO, September 12, 2008.
- Interviewer, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, The Changing Face of Justice, Grove Park Inn, Asheville, NC, October 18, 2007.
- Interviewer, Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, A Conversation with Sandra Day O'Connor, Wait Chapel, Winston-Salem, NC, September 21, 2006
- Interviewer, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, A Conversation with Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Wait Chapel, Winston-Salem, NC, September 28, 2005.
- Legal Update and Trends in Alimony, Equitable Distribution, and Custody, N.C. Association of Professional Family Mediators, Greensboro, NC, December, 2003.
- Family Law Update, Legal Aid Society of Northwest North Carolina, Winston-Salem, NC, December, 2003.
- ABA Panel on Professionalism, ABA Annual Meeting, New York, NY, July, 2000.
- Implementing the New Alimony Law and Changes in the Law of Equitable Distribution, Conference of District Court Judges, Boone, NC, October, 1997.
- The Law and Domestic Violence: Legislative Efforts to be Responsive, sponsored by Family Services, the Forsyth County DA's Office, the Winston-Salem Police Department, and the Northwest AHEC Mental Health Section, Kernersville, NC, May 9, 1997.
- Welfare Reform, North Carolina General Assembly, Raleigh, NC, May and June, 1995.
- North Carolina Adoption Reform, at Defining Family: Adoption Law and Policy, Duke University, Durham, NC, April, 1994.
- Speaker, Governor's Task Force on the Family, Raleigh, NC (1994).
- Ethical Problems for the Family Law Practitioner, N.C. Bar Association, Wrightsville Beach, NC, May, 1993.
- Speaker, Responding to Perinatal Addiction, Bowman Gray School of Medicine, Winston-Salem, NC, April, 1992.
- Changes in the Laws Affecting Women and the Challenge for Third Generation Feminists, Emily Prudden Lecturer, Pfeiffer College, Misenheimer, NC, March, 1992.
- Women and the Law, Meredith College, Raleigh, NC, April, 1991 (with Justice Sandra Day O'Connor).