Executive Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Professor of Law
Location: Worrell 2316
- Lee's North Carolina Family Law (LexisNexis Publishers) (5th eds. in 1993, 1999, and 2002) (a 3-volume treatise surveying family law topics, with emphasis on the law of North Carolina).
- Lee's North Carolina Family Law, Annual Supplements (Lexis Nexis Publishers) (Volumes 1, 2, and 3; 1993 to date).
Articles, Parts of Books, Book Reviews
- "It's the Conflict Stupid: An Empirical Study of Factors that Inhibit Successful Mediation in High-Conflict Custody Cases," 43 Wake Forest L. Rev. 505 (2008) (with Ralph Peeples and Catherine Harris).
- "Back to the Future: An Empirical Study of Child Custody Outcomes," 85 N.C. L. Rev. 1629, (2007) (with Ralph Peeples and Catherine Harris).
- "The Increase in Value of Separate Property and the Evolving Marital Partnership," 24 Wake Forest L. Rev. 239 (1989).
- "The Relationship of Property Division and Alimony: The Division of Property to Address Need," 56 Fordham L. Rev. 827 (1988).
- "Chapter 11: The Uniform Premarital Agreement Act," in Gary N. Skoloff, Richard H. Singer, Jr., and Ronald L. Brown, Drafting Prenuptial Agreements (Aspen Publishers) (1997 Supplement).
CLE, Casebook Outlines
- "Case Update on Family Law," N.C. Bar Foundation, annual meetings of the Family Law Section of the N.C. Bar Association in 2002, 2003, 2006, 2007, and 2008.
- "North Carolina Family Law," lecture, manuscript, and teaching materials for BarBri, Inc., annually since 1994.
- "Case Update on Family Law," N.C. Association of Women Attorneys, Asheville, NC, October, 2006.
- "Equitable Distribution," N.C. Bar Foundation, High Point, NC, November, 2004; Winston-Salem, NC, November, 2002.
- "National Trends in the Appreciation of Separate Property," N.C. Bar Foundation, Wrightsville Beach, NC, February, 2004; Charlotte, NC, November 2003.
- "Custody Update," N.C. Association of Women Attorneys, Annual Meeting, Wrightsville Beach, NC, October, 2003.
- "National Trends in Family Law," N.C. Family Law Specialists, Charleston, SC, July, 2003.
- "Premarital Agreements," Basics in Family Law, N.C. Bar Association, Fall, 1986, 1988, 1990, 1992.