Associate Dean for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Professor of Law
Location: Worrell 3126
Articles, Parts of Books, Book Reviews
- "Is it Still 'the Greatest Snow on Earth'? The 4th Circuit, parody and the Trademark Dilution Revision Act of 2006," work in progress.
- "Stem Cells and Semiconductor Chip Devices: New Wine for New Bottles," work in progress presented at the North Carolina Central IP Institute's Seminar on Ethical Issues Relating to Stem Cells (2007) and the 2007 Intellectual Property Scholars Conference held at DePaul University.
- "The Biotechnology Patent Regime-Issues and Opportunities," paper presented at North Carolina Central Seminar on Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Law (2006).
- "The Preemptive Effect of the PTO Code of Ethics in Trademark Practice," paper presented at the American Bar Association's 18th Annual Intellectual Property Law Conference (2003).
- "On Purple Pills, Stem Cells and other Market Failures: A Case For A Limited Compulsory Licensing Scheme For Patent Property," 48 Howard Law Journal 579 (2005) (Symposium on Intellectual Property and Social Justice).
- "Whose Rules Rule? Resolving Ethical Conflicts During simultaneous Representation of Clients In Patent Prosecution," 12 Federal Circuit Bar Journal (2003), reprinted with permission in 44 Idea-The Journal of Law and Technology 283 (2004).
- "Johnny Can Read, But Can He 'Surf'?: Harmonizing Copyright Law and Internet Ethics," 1 Minnesota Intellectual Property Law Review 79 (2000).
- "Patent Monopolyphobia: A Means of Extinguishing/ Silencing the Fountainhead?," 49 Case Western Law Review 509 (1999) (Featured as one of the best intellectual property law articles in the 2000 edition of the Intellectual Property Law Review).
- "Will Atlas Shrug? Dilution Protection for 'Famous' Trademarks: Anticompetitive Monopoly or Earned 'Property' Right?," 47 Florida Law Review 653 (1996).
- "Battle Over Gene Patents is Most Likely Headed to the Supreme Court," 8/21/11 Huffington Post Blog, (http:www.huffingtonpost.com/simone-rose)
- "Preserving the "Fountainhead" of Knowledge: A Call to Challenge the Innovation Narrative in Patent Law," Forthcoming SMU Law Review (2014)
- "The Supreme Court and Patents: Moving Toward a "Postmodern" Vision of Progress?" 23 Fordham Intell. Prop. Media & Ent. L.J. 1197 (2013)
- "Semiconductor Chips, Genes and Stem Cells: New Wine for New Bottles?" 38 AJLM 113 (2012)