Omari Scott Simmons
Howard L. Oleck Professor of Business Law
Director, Business Law Program
- "Narratives Transformed: College Access from the Bottom-Up," (an organizational case study that contextualizes the experience of one college access organization within the broader realm of existing education practice, academic theory, and public policy) (under contract with Johns Hopkins University Press).
- "Delaware's Global Threat," 41 J. Corp. L. 1 (2015)
- "Muted Deterrence: The Enhanced Attribution of Tort Liability to U.S. Higher Education Institutions for Student Safety," 22 Torts L.J. 75 (2014) (Australian peer-reviewed journal).
- "Class Dismissed: Rethinking Socio-Economic Status and Higher Education Attainment," (forthcoming Ariz. St. L. J. 2014)
- "For-Profits and the Market Paradox," 48 Wake Forest L. Rev. 333 (2013)
- "The Corporate Immune System: Governing from the Inside-Out," 2013 Ill. L. Rev. 1131 (2013)
- "Lost in Transition: The Implications of Social Capital for Higher Education Access," 87 Notre Dame L. Rev. 205 (2011).
- "Innkeepers: A Unifying Theory of the In-house Counsel Role," 41 Seton Hall L. Rev. 77 (2011) (with James D. Dinnage).
- "Corporate Governance Reform as a Credence Service," 5 J. Bus. & Tech. L. 113 (2010)
- "The Under-examination of In-house Counsel," 11 Transactions Tenn. J. Bus. L. 145 (2010)
- "Picking Friends from the Crowd: Supreme Court Amicus Participation as Political Symbolism," 42 Conn. L. Rev. 185 (2009).
- "Taking the Blue Pill: The Imponderable Impact of Executive Compensation Reform," 62 S.M.U. L. Rev. 299 (2009) (Excerpted in Thomas W. Joo, Corporate Governance: Theory, Law, and Policy (Carolina Academic Press (2009)).
- "Branding the Small Wonder: Delaware's Dominance and the Market for Corporate Law," 42 U. Rich. L. Rev. 1129 (2008).
- "For Stronger K-16 Bridge, Reform College Counseling," Education Week, June 9, 2011, at 22 (invited commentary)
- "Re-examining In-House Counsel Liability," CLE materials prepared for Ass’n of Corporate Counsel for Eastern North Carolina and North Carolina Bar Ass’n, April 26, 2011
- "Administration’s Higher Education Goals Unattainable without K-16 Bridge," The Huffington Post, February 25, 2011 (Op-Ed)
- "Biggest Triumphs, Biggest Mistakes," outline materials prepared for 2010 Association of American Law Schools (AALS) Workshop for New Law Teachers, Washington, DC, June 17-19, 2010
- "Rhetoric won’t likely lead to reform," Winston-Salem Journal, March 7, 2009, at A11 (Op-Ed)
- Delaware's Brand Equity (co-authored article with The Honorable Randy J. Holland of the Delaware Supreme Court discussing the sustained impact of Delaware's judiciary on corporate governance at the national and international levels).
- Muted Deterrence: The Enhanced Attribution of Tort Liability to U.S. Higher Education Institutions for Student Safety (essay exploring the deterrent impact of adversarial tort litigation on campus safety risks compared to more collaborative regulatory approaches)
- Students as Consumers (article examining the legal implications of analogizing students seeking higher education to consumers in the commercial context).