Associate Professor of Law
- Privatizing Personalized Law, __ University of Chicago Law Review __ (forthcoming 2018).
- The Corporate Governance of National Security, 95 Washington University Law Review __ (forthcoming 2018).
- Insider Tainting: Strategic Tipping with Material Non-Public Information, 112 Northwestern University Law Review __ (forthcoming 2017).
- The Jurisprudence of Mixed-Motives, 127 Yale Law Journal (forthcoming 2017).
- Enterprise Without Entities, 116 Michigan Law Review (forthcoming 2017).
- Insider Trading in Commodities Markets, 102 Virginia Law Review 447 (2016).
- Benchmark Manipulation, 56 Boston College Law Review 215 (2015).
- Ex Tempore Contracting, 55 William & Mary Law Review 1869 (2014) (reprinted in Forms and Agreements for Architects Engineers and Contractors (Albert Dib, ed. 2015).
- White-Collar Violent Crime, 49 Wake Forest Law Review 873 (2014) (essay).
- Assessing Transnational Private Regulation of the OTC Derivatives Market: ISDA, the BBA, and the Future of Financial Reform, 54 Virginia Journal of International Law 9 (2014) (with Gabriel Rauterberg).
- Index Theory: The Law, Promise, and Failure of Financial Indices, 30 Yale Journal on Regulation_1 (2013) (with Gabriel V. Rauterberg).
- Revolution in Manipulation Law: The New CFTC Rules and the Urgent Need for Economic and Empirical Analyses, 15 University of Pennsylvania Journal of Business Law 357 (2013) (with Rosa Abrantes-Metz & Gabriel V. Rauterberg).
- Trustee or Delegate? Understanding Representation to Illuminate Shareholder Governance and Regulatory Change, 9 European Company and Financial Law Review 74 (2012) (essay).
- The Misregulation of Person-to-Person Lending, 45 U.C. Davis Law Review 445 (2011).
- Weak-Mindedness, Subordination, and Assistance: Expression Exceptions, 2 Dartmouth Law Journal 27 (2004).
- Strict Criminal Liability: Limiting the State's Power to Condemn, 1 Dartmouth Law Journal 57 (2003).
- Wrong-Termism, Right-Termism, and the Liability Structure of Time Horizons, __ Seattle University Law Review __ (forthcoming 2018).
- Integrating Transactional Skills Training Into the Doctrinal Curriculum, 18 Transactions 438 (2016) (coauthored).
- Trustee or Delegate? Understanding Representation to Illuminate Shareholder Governance and Regulatory Change, 9 European Company and Financial Law Review 74 (2012).
- The First Insider Trader in Commodities, Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, December 4, 2015 (reprinted at Law360 and Huffington Post).
- Brief For Amici Curiae Financial Markets Law Professors In Support Of Plaintiffs-Appellants, In re Libor Antitrust Litigation, In the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, 13-3565-cv(L) (May 27, 2015) (coauthored).
- Legal Confusion as to Spoofing, Huffington Post, May 12, 2015 (coauthored).
- Compliance Failures that Facilitated Libor Rigging, Law360, Jan. 17, 2013 (coauthored).
- Deterring Libor Manipulation and Improving Benchmarks, The Columbia Law School Blue Sky Blog, April 11, 2013.
- What is Libor and Why Does it Matter? Huffington Post, November 8, 2013.
- Untangling the Libor and Forex Scandals, Huffington Post, November 18, 2013.
- The Law and Economics of Benchmark Manipulation, The Columbia Law School Blue Sky Blog, Aug. 27, 2014.
- Assessing Dodd-Frank (editor, with Roberta Romano, of a transcript of the Yale Law School Center for the Study of Corporate Law’s Weil, Gotshal & Manges Roundtable, April 1, 2011).
- Peer-to-Peer Lending: Update and Regulatory Considerations, 1 Filene Research Institute 154 (2008).